We will be following ISMF rules for all divisions and implementing penalties for the Elite Division. The full list of ISMF rules is very detailed. We recommend that all racers review these rules and make sure you are familiar with them. The official rules are on the ISMF site.
Summary of important rules
- Uphill is marked with Green, Downhill with Red, Booting sections with Yellow
- You must ascend with skins
- You must descend with boots locked and locked into the ski
- Skis must be attached to a pack in 2 attachment points for all booters
- Skins must be fully tucked into suit/jacket prior to leaving the transition area
- All transitions must occur entirely within the marked transition zone
- Poles must be flat on the ground during all transitions (skiing to skinning, skinning to skiing, skinning to booting, booting to skinning).
- Race and checkpoint officials can require racers to put on jackets at any time